Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Friday, April 29, 2016

He Likes Food

I had a pretty good week. We had lots of good food, it was my
companions birthday on Friday and a family in the ward made us a
cake. We don't have a lot of set investigators so we've been doing a
lot of finding. We've given out 8 or 9 copies of the Book of Mormon
since Wednesday, and want give out the rest of our stack by the 30th.
I got my IPad this week, so I'm super happy about it that. My
companion showed me this Mexican restaurant in our area, it was SUPPER
good. We also went to Texas road house this week too with some elders
in our zone. We both didn't have dinner appointments so we went and
grabbed some good food!!!! Hahahahaha

It rained quite a bit this week. Luckily every time we have to walk or
bike out in it, it is light rain or it clears up all together so I've
been staying pretty dry.

I don't really have a cool story from this week, other than a crazy
old lady who was begging for money outside the mall by our house
called us over and started to talk to us about how hard her life is
and how her cat has kidney failure and how she has to beg for money
and how hard that is to do, and how she has to buy this supper
expensive cat food because of the cats kidney failure and stuff, so we
tried to tell her about reading the Book of Mormon can help her, but
she doesn't read because she is scared to come across a word that she
doesn't like, like "death" or "sad" or anything like that. Every time
we brought up reading or whatever, she'd come up with a weird excuse
as to why she couldn't. So we said our testimonies, and left.

I know that God lives, and that he loves us. Even though we haven't
had a good meeting with people this week, I know that God is there and
is guiding us. I know the power of the atonement is for real. I know
that Jesus Christ is the savior, and our redeemer.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Love,
Elder Snyder








It was too funny seeing Bracken's first e-mail as I said to myself "that boy needs a haircut." He sent a second e-mail with this picture and said "I got a haircut today!" It was like he knew what I was thinking. We sure miss this kid but glad he is happy and doing well. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support. Also, thank you for just asking about him. It means more than you know and helps me cope. 

Love you all! Momma S. 


No comments:

Post a Comment