Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

P-Day last week was on June 2nd

Hey Everyone!
Sorry about not writing on Monday, my pday is today, because I'm going
to go to the Portland temple!!! I am so excited!
Not much happened this week. My new companion, Elder Cook, and I have
been working extremely hard. The weather here has been getting warm,
and it is getting real sunny! I'm happy, because it is warm and sunny,
but it is now getting hard to ride bikes because of how hot it is!
Hahahahaha!
All the people we've been teaching has dropped us. We are trying to
find more people. Our schedule consists of hours of Tracting and
finding. We hope and pray for people, and know we can find them!
I am getting hit hard by allergies. This month should be the worst of
the year. The grass seed count gets so high, my nose and eyes get so
itchy, but I'm happy for allergy medicine!
I'll take pictures today and send you them on Monday!
I have a testimony of hard work. I have come to find out that God
loves it when we work hard. In the doctrine and covenants section 58
it says

"26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things;
for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not
a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.

27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and
do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much
righteousness;

28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves.
And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.

       29 But he that doeth not anything until he is commanded, and
receiveth a commandment with doubtful heart, and keepeth it with
slothfulness, the same is damned."
This scripture really stood out to me. I know that if I need to wait
to be told to do something, I am being slothful, but need to be doing
good things of my own free will, and I know God will help me more than
if I wait. I know God lives, and loves us. He wants us to be happy.

Love you all!
Elder Snyder




No comments:

Post a Comment