Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, June 20, 2016

Turkeys?

Hey Mom,

I had a pretty good week this week. We had a zone conference on Thursday where a member of the presiding seventy came and spoke with us. It was really cool. He talked a lot about how we need to really truly understand who God is for ourselves, and gain that testimony that God is our Father in Heaven, and has a body of flesh and bone, and is a real tangible person. We also need to know and understand that Jesus Christ, His son, also died and was resurrected, so he as well has that body of flesh and bone. Really such an awesome experience.

I hear a lot about Florida these days... Every time I say that I'm from Orlando, people either bring up that mass shooting, or the kid that got attacked by an alligator at Disney. Things need to stop happening in Florida! This is crazy!

Anyway, we received a referral from some sisters that are serving in the YSA, so hopefully we can start teaching this person soon! We have one investigator, who is super old and living in an assistant living place, but she came to church! We are trying to help her stop smoking as well. We also have a lesson set up with a young school teacher. She was in our former investigator list, but I guess she was too busy with school in to meet with missionaries, but now she is done teaching for the year she said we could meet to go over some questions about what she was taught in the past.

Not much else has happened this week. I do want to have a special thanks to Dad. I was so thankful to have an opportunity yesterday to think about dad and the example he has set for me. There are not many people in this world that I aspire to be like, but if I can be half the man my father is, I would consider my life a success.

In closing, I do want to talk about a scripture that has been stuck in head. It is my favorite scripture. Mosiah 3:19 states

For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

As I become closer to God, I have realized that I need to put off the "natural man." I have come to realize that it doesn't matter if I'm sore, or tired, or whatever I'm feeling inside, I am here to serve God and those around me. I am becoming more pleasant in my day to day as I set aside the worldly things, and yield to the Holy Spirit. I invite all to read this scripture, and ponder how they can "put off their natural man" and yield to the spirit, because I promise that true happiness is found that way.

Thank you all for the support and the prayers. It truly is a blessing to have such a support there.

Love,
Elder Snyder


Making his own breakfast and listening to his music

Picture from Zone Conference (love the photo bombing)
video
Random video...it's good to hear his voice though

No comments:

Post a Comment