Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Two weeks in one!

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I didn't get Bracken's e-mails up before now. We made it home last night from London and I'm trying to get everything caught up. Looks like Bracken is doing well and had fun helping at the Olympic Trials and the Nashville Tribute Concert and has people to teach finally! Hooray!! Thank you all for your prayers and support! Much love to you all!
Katheryn

July 11th: 


That is so fun!!! Yes, we already did get our free slurpees!! Glad grandma made it through the first part. I'm praying for her. I told Bracken about Jason and Nicole's cruise and how they went to Blue Hole in Jamaica like we did last November and also that we got free slurpees and I had a coke one in his honor. I also told him how Grandma Featherstone's health problems. 

This last week has been so fun! We went and volunteered at the Olympic trials, and we got a bunch of free stuff for doing so. Namely a hat, tshirt, water bottle and a sweet jacket, all Nike brand. We helped screen bags and such, I felt as if I was a TSA member!! Ahhahaha!!

Other than that, our week has been slow. We tried to teach, but everyone canceled on us. Hopefully we will find more people this week!
I've been thinking about faith this week. In james 2 it says
"17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works"

I think that God will help me find find, but I need to show my faith by going out and doing all I can do.

Love you mom!!
Elder Snyder



July 18th

My week,
I have a funny story too, Marty's companion is in my zone!! I have been talking to him about Marty and realizing how much I miss him! I told Bracken that he might meet up with this young man and he did! Small world! This young man was sent home and is now allowed to return to his mission. He was sent to Bracken's mission for a 12 week trial period then if they okay it he can return to the Spain mission. This Elder was companions with Bracken's good friend Elder Marty Smithson. 

Anyway, my week has been Great!! It was super slow at the begging of the week because my companion had leadership meetings because he is District Leader, so they had me go to different areas to wait on their meetings to be over.

But on Saturday, we had two solid lessons with some investigators, and set up a lesson with two others for this week. If all works out, we will get a few lessons this week!! I'm super excited!!

Also, on Saturday, we were able to go to a Nashville Tribute concert!! It was tons of fun!! On Sunday, we had two investigators at church!! Both are interested and have set up return appointments for this week! I definitely am feeling all the prayers from everyone!!

This week with the little more success I'm having, I am reminded of something that Ammon says in Alma 26,

" 11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

I know that my own efforts are nothing without the strength of the Lord helping me. The Lord has been preparing these people for us to meet, and I know that I need to give him all the credit.

I know that this is the true and living Gospel, I know that God lives and loves all his children.

Love,
Elder Snyder

Me and Marty's old companion at the Nashville Tribute concert


No comments:

Post a Comment