Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Monday, August 29, 2016

New Shoes


Hi Mom!
Sounds like you've had a fun week!!
It is funny, I ended up giving a talk in sacrament meeting too! (I told him Deryl spoke in church on Sunday) It was a last minute thing, but I think I did alright. I'm glad you got the picture! Florence is a more touristy part of the county, kinda like those neat small towns in North Carolina and such that we've visited, and we've ran into a few members there. it is loads of fun!
Im glad she is taking her calling seriously. No doubt in my mind that she is a great leader, and one day I see her as a sister missionary. (I mentioned Elise's new church calling and what she's been doing so far)
anyway, we had a great week! we had interviews with President, and that went super well. I did get my new shoes, I got a nice pair of skechers from ross for like 30 dollars, then I decided for service shoes to get some work boots at walmart for 25 dollars or so. I'm glad I found such nice deals and didn't have to spend so much money!
We found a new investigator this week! he owns a Mexican restaurant in town, and already gave us a free meal! we also got an investigator on date for baptism! it has been such a great week!!
I don't have much else going on, other than we went to the beach to see the sunset! it was so pretty! I'll attach the pictures!
This week I've had the wonderful opportunity to read a talk given in 1978 called "no time for contention" and there is a quote that really stood out to me, it says
"We have no time for contention, We only have time to be about our Father's business"
I think of all the times people come up to us to bash or to yell at us as missionaries, but we have no time for that. Nothing good ever comes out of contention, as we read in the 3 Nephi 11:29 that "he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil"
I'm trying to avoid all sources of contention and be a more pleasant person to be around, and I know that will invite the spirit more and more into my life.
I love you! have a great week! 
Elder Snyder














No comments:

Post a Comment