Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Service

Hey Everyone!

This week has been awesome! On Tuesday we had a lesson with Juris and
Stan, two of our investigators. It was great! On Wednesday we went
with the Zone Leaders to help the sisters in Creswell do service at a
farm. I had to cut down blackberry bushes.... Not fun! They are the
most thorny, pokey plants I have every tried to tackle.... I thought
those palm trees out front of our house were bad!! We had a super good lunch there,
and got to see a cow give birth. It was so fun!

We then had an exchange with the zone leaders. I went to the YSA with
Elder Etherington. I had so much fun! The only thing I didn't like was
the YSA apartment doesn't air conditioning, so it was so warm! At
night, we had all the windows opened, and it didn't cool down in the
apartment until 4 or so in the morning. On Thursday I went with Elder
Etherington to help at a food pantry. After that we went to exchange
back. Elder Cook and I then had a lesson at Jaime's, and it was
fantastic! On Friday we had Specialized Training. I learned a ton and
had a great time. On Saturday we did some finding all day, but nothing
developed because of it. Sunday was great! We went to church and we
had an investigator there, then we had a lesson at Juris and Stan's
house again. It was great!

Today we are stuck here in 5th ward so we aren't doing much. We had to
clean this morning, then we had to ride our bikes to Walmart to shop.
This week, I came across a scripture about obedience that I have been
thinking about. In Jacob 5:72, it says

"72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their
mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they
did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things."

I like to liken that unto the work I'm doing here on the mission. I
need to be like those servants, and work with all my might with the
Lord, and obey the commandments that God has given me, and I know that
he will be with me in this labor.

I love you all!
Elder Snyder
Blackberry Ice Cream



No comments:

Post a Comment