Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

6 Months Down!! 18 to Go!

Hey mom!
Happy anniversary!! The mission office called me and said they are forwarding the package, so I should get it soon!! On Wednesday is my true 6 month mark, so I'll be burning a tie! Super excited! And Yeah, that talent show was fun! (His ward had a talent show. A ward member text me and told me).
I'm glad you had fun on your trip! It looks like you had a good time!
Yup, I got the GPS (Jason sent him his old GPS from his mission), and just in time because I am the designated driver now. That is so fun (I told Bracken Elise is trying to learn two hymns and is hoping to play at church perhaps in December)! Hopefully she'll be able to do that! Elise sounds so good on the piano! She'll kill it!

This week has been alright. I'm excited for this week. On Wednesday, we're going to drive into Eugene while my companion goes on his departing temple trip, so I'll be spending the day with another elder in Eugene for the day. 
We have a baptism on Saturday, so I'm looking forward to that. It should be a fun, spiritual experience.

This week I've finished reading the Book of Mormon for the first time while out on my mission, and I would just like to say, if you haven't read it, read it. If you have read it, read it again. The power of the testimony that the book contains about Jesus Christ is amazing, life changing even. It is sad to see that the Book of Mormon falls under such heavy criticism, when if you read it, you will come to find out that this isn't a book to replace the bible, or to add onto the words that we already have, but to give another powerful testimony that Jesus Christ is the Savior and the Redeemer of the whole world.
That is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


Here are some pictures from a hike a member took us on this morning (Monday Morning):



No comments:

Post a Comment