Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Chinese Sisters


Bracken with Deagon that was baptized on Saturday

Chinese Sisters is the name of their district. Named after a companionship of sisters who were really  hard working and the Mission President keeps praising them. The sisters left last transfer (6 weeks ago) so they decided to name their district after them. 




Bracken making us jealous of the beautiful Oregon scenery

Hey Mom,

     Yeah! I get to be companions with Elder Davis! I'm super excited because I already know who he is, and became close friends with him while I was serving in Eugene.

     I actually got to hear that talk! It was on while we were at our dinner appointment on Saturday. It was such a great talk. I'm excited for general conference this weekend, it is going to be so awesome!! I'm glad that President Monson will be attending, I love to hear his inspired words for us. It is going to be awesome.

     The baptism went great!! I'll send a picture of us with Deagon! It was so cool! A ton of he Ward members showed up, we almost didn't have enough seats! The spirit was so strong, I know that everyone who was there could definitely feel it if they were paying attention.

     The rest of the week was alright. I had to drive to Eugene and spend the day there because Elder Scott got to go to the departing temple trip. The drive was long and boring, but I made it through.

     We started teaching a girl who is 16 years old. Her family is all members, but she didn't want to be baptized with them a few years ago, but she came to us and wanted to take the discussions. Hopefully she will be able to feel the spirit and want to follow Jesus Christ's example and get the companionship of the Holy Ghost in her life.

     Yes! I got your package!! It was so awesome! Thank you so so so much! I loved it! It makes me happy to get stuff from home. I'm so thankful for the love and support I have. Give a special thanks to Elise for the decorations. It was so awesome!!

     Let's see... This week the primary gave us a care package, a huge care package, full of snacks and other such food. There were also a ton of cute pictures and letters made for us. It was so heart warming, it was so cool!

     Nothing else really happened this week. I've been studying the scriptures this week and I came across a scripture in Moroni chapter 9 which says:

"19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles."

     I have come to the realization that God still performs miracles today. It is sometimes hard to believe that with all the bad stuff that goes on, but I know that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and that he loves us. And because he loves us, he performs miracles to let us know he is there. Sometimes, we just have to look closely to see all that God has done for us.

Love you all! Thanks for everything!
          Elder Snyder


No comments:

Post a Comment