Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Oregon is the Real West Coast

Hi Mom!

Sounds like you've had a great week! I'll attach some pictures of the real west coast! ;) (I sent him some pics of us watching the sunset on our west coast this weekend).

Man! Those missionaries sound like they're pretty cool getting some sweet investigators! How is the recent convert doing? Hillary that was baptized right before I came out? (our missionaries brought an investigator out who is really excited about the gospel. Also Hillary is doing great and is actually going to start at BYU-I. Bracken enjoyed getting to know her before he left and helped the missionaries here teach her a couple of lessons).

That is crazy Cameron is a senior! I guess so is Zach, Ian, Tye and all them. Hopefully they will get motivated to go on a mission. (Cameron is our home teacher and came over on Sunday).
Thanks for keeping those for me! That jacket is sick isn't it?? I can't wait to wear it when I get to Utah for school!  (He sent home a few things to keep for him and one was the Olympic trials jacket given to him when he volunteered there…we were thinking of teasing him and saying “what jacket?” It is “sick” as Bracken said).

I have been thinking about how the Lord sends blessings. I came to the conclusion that the Lord loves us and wants to bless us but we need to act. I have a firm testimony that faith and works should be one of the same. We read in the bible that "Faith without works is dead." 
We come across a few people who don't understand that, and it really is simple. I'll use studying as an example. In studying for a class, how could you ask God to give you knowledge, but spent all your time not studying, how could God give you the information? On the other hand, how wise would it be to ask God to help you study effectively, ask Him to help you retain what you study and so forth, then study. I think then you'll find that you'll have the blessings you need. I know God is real. He is our Heavenly Father that loves us more than we know.

Love, Elder Snyder





No comments:

Post a Comment