Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

This week's e-mail...just two days delayed! Better than two weeks old!

Hi mom!!
It is good to see that the youth is helping out in the community! (our church youth group I'm involved with had a service project at West Orange High School and was bragging on Elise being there too). That is super awesome!! I'm so proud of Elise... she is turning out to be such an awesome young adult! And that is awesome! She'll be able to keep those A's all throughout school!! :P
The weather has been sucky here. It rains and is cold, and it rains. But that is only supposed to be that way for the rest of forever so I'll get over it.
We were asked to stay inside on Saturday as much as possible for the rain and wind (the Oregon coast north of Bracken got hit with hurricane force winds), which would've stunk but I got sick this week so it was a much needed day of rest. I feel better now and I picked up some of those Vitamin C supplement that always helped back home, the emergen-c stuff. I hope it helps.
Anyway, the rest of this week was pretty good. We taught a few lessons and helped out in the community as much as we could. I didn't take as much pictures as I would have hoped but I did take a video, so I hope you enjoy!
Nothing else really happened. It was a pretty slow week, but this week we have a lot planned. Hopefully finding some new investigators, we're going on exchanges and having a good, productive time.
This week at church, I had an interesting experience in priesthood meeting. We were having a conversation about when to show mercy or execute justice over really random and honestly, irrelevant issues. As I was listening to the conversation, I had a thought come to my mind. How many times have we transgressed Gods laws? How many times has he shown us mercy? Because of Jesus Christ, we can be forgiven of all our sins. Therefore, who are we to stop that for someone else? Christ says to forgive others as He forgives you. I'm taking that to heart and am working hard to forgive all, and to leave the rest to Heavenly Father.
Love you mom!
Elder Snyder

Bracken misses the sunshine 



No comments:

Post a Comment