Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Almost Christmas!!

Hi mom!
I am so excited to skype home this week!!
Yes! I got your packages!! Thank you so much! I can't wait to see what is in them :)
Tell dad Happy Birthday for me! 
That is so cool! We have wild turkeys and that is about it for wild life. I miss the manatees! They are so cool! I'm glad that you are having fun with Grandma and Grandpa Snyder! I bet it'll be a fun few days! (Deryl's parents were in town for Deryl's birthday and we took them to see the Manatees on Saturday morning at Blue Springs off St. John's River).
This last week has been a blur! We re-arranged our apartment and did some cleaning the other night before bed time.
How has the weather been? The weather here is super cold and wet. The other day Elder Chiu and I had to walk in the rain all day and got soaked!! Luckily it didn't rain the rest of the week. It is supposed to rain tomorrow but we have a meeting all day tomorrow in Medford. I'm super excited for that!
This week was alright for missionary work. We have another set of missionaries in the Redwood Ward, so that is super awesome. We put someone on date for baptism, so I am excited for that! We keep praying that she'll keep commitments and will continue progressing closer to Jesus Christ.
Not much else has happened this week. With the ward split between two sets of missionaries the work has definitely slowed down. Everyone is too busy to talk to us, so we're hoping at the end of the holidays that they will want to hear from us more often.
I am so excited for Christmas! (I know I already said that) I am so excited to see everyone:)
Well, this week I have been thinking about the Atonement. The Atonement is the reason that we celebrate Christmas, because it is through the Atonement that Jesus Christ was able to save all of us from our sins. As long as we turn to him, he will bless us and help us to feel charity. I pray that all of us can feel the Christ like love as we approach the celebration of the most perfect baby to have ever been born.
Love you all, I can't wait to see you on Sunday.
Love from Grants Pass, OR,
Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment