Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Thursday, December 1, 2016

November 21, 2016

Hi Mom!
Thanks for that! I'll be looking for that in the mail!
I'm doing alright, I got a cold... it is running rampant around here and my comp caught it in the beginning of the week, then my body didn't want to miss out in all the fun so I got sick.... it is a head cold, so nothing too bad. Ive been taking DayQuil and drinking lots of water. I should pull out of it here pretty quickly.
We do have plans this week! We're actually going to eat with the stake Presidents family. It will be super good! Pumpkin pie? Most likely, but if not, I won't be too upset:) I'm just glad we have a dinner.
Tell Miss Kristin I said thank you!! That is so awesome of her! I really appreciate her doing that for me. (Deryl was responsible for breaking one of Bracken's lego sets and our good friend and neighbor Kristin put it together for us one day while she was sick...love her!)
The entire thing was in pieces...kind of like the space shuttle drop with Uncle Aaron. ;) 

I'm glad Elise is done with rowing! That'll clear up some time for you all! I bet she is doing really well in that though. Do you know if she wants to do that next year?
It is cold here in Grants Pass. This week will be super duper cold, lows in the 30s and highs in the 40s and rain. I'm glad that I got a coat for sure!!
Oh funny story, remember in Utah when we'd put the blankets over the floor vents in the winter? Well, it was a cold night and we had just came in and right as we walked in the heater kicked in so I grabbed my blanket and well... there ya go! Hahaha I'll attach a picture!
This week was pretty good!! We taught 15 lessons this week!  It was super cool! We are working with some less actives this week that Bishop had given us. It was nice to be able to get into their homes to teach a lesson to them as well!
My biking has gotten a lot better! So we live on top of this giant hill, which is fun to bike down, but it is uphill on the way home...that is never fun to do but I can bike up the hill at the end of the day now. The weight I gained in Florence is coming off now as well. 
I don't have anything else to share this week, we are dealing with car problems today, but that should be over in a bit. The ZLs should be here in a bit to pick us up to go grab the car.
I have been reading a lot from the New Testament this week, and a scripture really stood out to me. It is in Ephesians chapter 2 
"19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;"
I am so glad to know that there are apostles and prophets in our time today. I am so glad that these men are here to leave behind their past lives and devote all their time, energy, and spirit into helping us make it back to our Heavenly Father. And to know that they do it with no payment from the church, but a pure desire to serve Heavenly Father.
I love ya! You are in my prayers
Elder Snyder 

This heater vent picture made me smile. All my kids loved doing that when we lived in Utah. 

video



No comments:

Post a Comment