Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Snow, Snow and More Snow!

Hi mom!
I know! It's crazy!! I can't believe I'm going to be an uncle!! 
This week has been a weird one. We have been in some pretty crazy weather, and I'm really not enjoying it. It snowed on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. There was so much snow on the ground it was crazy to drive around it. Our driveway had a foot of snow on it, I was super not fun to try and get up because it's super steep. Luckily we did not have any accidents, but we did get stuck more times than I can remember. One day we were doing service for a less active member, and both Us and Spanish elders got stuck in their driveway. It took us like 30 minutes to get out. And then the next day, the Spanish elders went to the same house and got super stuck for like an hour, and we had to call somebody with a pick up truck to pull them out.
Another time we were at a lesson, and the priest that we brought with us got his truck stuck in their driveway. In the process of getting them unstuck, I got my khakis super muddy so that was a good time. Luckily, it came out in the wash.
We had a zone meeting on Friday that was super good. That's all I have to say about that.
Elder Chiu was doing great. His English is improving so much, and also our teaching skills have been developing, which is great! The next three weeks are going to fly by for us!
Let's see, we don't have much else to talk about. We are just relaxing today, I really am enjoying it! Hahaha
I had a cool scripture that I found. It is Alma 13:28
"28 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;"
I really like this scripture because it shows us how to defeat temptation. As we humble ourselves before God, and watch and pray always, we can overcome temptations.
Love you all!
Elder Snyder





video

video

video

video




No comments:

Post a Comment