Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Staying in Grants Pass

Hi mom!!
I am so excited!!! I am an uncle and that Olivia's birthday is not on the first!!
Thank you for sending me a package! Sister Haack said she has it! I am staying here another 6 weeks with Elder Chiu!!! I'm so excited!!

This week has been really good. We've done a lot of good work, and I'm excited to work with Elder Chiu again. We found a new investigator this week, and we're super excited about that!
I can't believe that the countdown block is at 60! The time is going by super fast, I can't believe I'm almost at Year Mark!

It looks like you've had a good week though, I'm glad things are going well. My second companion, Elder Cook, is coming to the Grants Pass zone! I'm so excited to see him again. I'm really excited to have this opportunity to serve in the Redwood ward again, it's really a great place!

Our investigator's doing well, she has cut down smoking a lot and I have not had a single cookie so far. The Lord really blesses his missionaries because all the members for dessert have made brownies this week not cookies so I've been extremely blessed.

They've also change the missionary schedule this week! It's a little bit different, but we still do work from 10 AM to 9 PM. They have rearrange the way we do morning schedule from 630 to I 10, and made it much more flexible to what works best with the companionship. They have also changed nightly planning to the morning, and move companionship study wherever works best for our schedule, so the individual companionship's can choose where to do companion study during the day. They have also done away with some of the key indicators that we report to our mission leaders. We used to have 11, but now we only have four to report. They've done this to help motivate us to finding ways to bring people to Christ instead of focusing on numbers. These are really exciting changes that I know will help us improve our missionary work.

This week I have been studying the Saviors Ministry to the Nephites as found in 3 Nephi. I was overcome with the spirit of love that the Savior has for all of his people. I feel prompted to share that I know that the Savior lives, and loves us as well. 

Thank you all for the love and the Birthday wishes! I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Snyder

P.S.
Oh guess what??
Two investigators that I found in Eugene got baptized this last week
and I got to talk to them today!! I was so happy to hear from them!
President let me call them and I'm just so happy! They should be going
to the temple for baptisms soon and then go to the temple in a year
from now! Isn't that amazing?? I'm so happy for them! I feel as Ammon
does at the close of his missionary trip to the Lamanites, and how
full his heart was!
Staying with Elder Chiu!! Hooray!

 How many missionaries can fit in a car? All of them if you throw Bracken in the trunk! j/k!

Grants Pass is a beautiful place

This picture makes this mom's heart happy! No shoes on in the house!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment