Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Don't Freak Out

Deryl and I: When you get a random phone call twice from the city your missionary is serving in and try to call it back but can't get through don't assume the worst (irrational thinking like he's dying in a hospital) and call the mission office to track him down and see if he's ok...it will just embarrass him. Do a little more research and see if that number is a solicitor. 

Bracken:

Just got a call from the mission office, and they said that you were
trying to get into contact with me, but I don't have any other emails
from you. Oh, well they're going to call you. They called me and were so concerned that the world had ended or I called home for something ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Yes, I'm okay! That is weird!
Normal e-mail: 
Hi Mom!
It sounds like you've had a busy week! I'm glad that you were able to go to the magic game! I miss going to those! I'm glad they won as well!
Tell Elise I said congrats! I'm so proud of her! She is so amazing! I'm glad she did well in rowing!
I'm sure that Elise will enjoy band at west orange. It'll be good for her and I'm sure the instructors will be great! Be sure to tell Ms. Ellis and Mr. Boyd Hi for me as well! I haven't heard about how the bands are doing but I hope they are doing well!
I hope you have fun in Utah! I wish I could go see baby Olivia too! She looks so precious! I can't wait to meet her!
Mother's Day is coming up so fast! It'll be so fun to skype everyone!
Well, here is my week.

Tuesday:
I'll be honest. I don't remember what happened. I think we had some
lessons set up, but they all canceled or something.

Wednesday:
We had some free time so we went Tracting and found two new
investigators! I'm not sure how solid they are but we're going to have
a lesson with them this week so that should be fun! We had dinner with
some cool members so that was good!

Thursday:
We had a Zone Conference. It was great! We talked about some pretty
cool things! We have a new rule in our mission and that is that in
Saturday and Sundays, we cannot start dinner later than 5:00pm, and
that is that so from 6:00 to 9:00 we can get some good teaching in.
I'll be honest (and this is why I'm telling you this) I was a little
frustrated but after some might wrestling in Prayer the spirit
manifested to my heart that this rule was of God. Just goes to show
that God will answer our prayers!

Friday:
We went Tracting in the morning and found 4 new investigators!! It was
so great! After, we went to a few lessons then went contacting! It was
such a good day!

Saturday:
We did a lot, but I only really remember the morning. Our Ward Mission
Leader went to visit people with us, and he brought his 4 kids who are
between 12-4 years old. It was so fun! Everyone that answered let us
in! It was so cool!!

Sunday:
We went with our WML to go get people to church. It didn't really work
out, and we missed sacrament, but that was okay because there was
another Ward after ours for us to partake of the sacrament. We didn't
have anyone come to church, but we did get some excited for next week.
We shall see!

We're eating at the Haacks this week! I'm so excited! 

Well, that's my week! I came across this super cool scripture 
It is in D&C 59 
"23 But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come."

This scripture is super powerful. We are promised that as we do works of righteousness that we will have peace in this world and eternal life in the world to come. How awesome is that?? If you're not feeling peace in your life, maybe try this out. Follow Christ, his teachings and his example, and you will find peace because we know that "10 I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."

I love you all! You're in my prayers!
Elder Snyder


I don't think this Florida boy likes the snow


video
Yup, he hates it! ;)

video
Singing at Zone Conference 





 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment