Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Monday, March 20th and Wednesday 22nd: Half Way There!!

Hey Family,
Crazy out here in Oakridge, we are so far isolated from everybody
else. Sorry, I'm actually going to be emailing more on Wednesday,
tomorrow we are going up to Springfield for interviews, then staying
the night with the ZLs and going to the Portland temple on Wednesday!
It'll be so fun! I'll talk to you then! Love you


Hey Mom! 
Today was awesome!! I love the temple! I have so many pictures to send home!
I love Oakridge! It is a crazy place! It is so small! The whole area has under 4,000 people in it, so it is kinda a small town! Hahaha!

Our car is the Subaru. I'm so happy! It is needed because it has four wheel drive, which we need. The road kinda ends sometimes! Hahaha! Driving into Springfield (Eugene) is kinda crazy though. It's like an hour and a half or so drive, so it's not that fun. We pass a really pretty lake/dam thing, so I tried to get some pictures. We have some pretty cool people we're teaching. There is a youth that was baptized a year ago or so, who we somehow started teaching both her grandmas. One is on her moms side and the other is her birth fathers mom. It's all kinda really confusing. We are also working with a couple less actives, so it is fun. We only have 8 active priesthood leaders, so the branch is really small. The Branch Mission Leader is also one of our less actives, so it is kinda hard for us sometimes. The members try to do what they can for us, but there isn't a lot of income here, so member dinners don't happen too often, we might have one a week, two if we are super super lucky. But the branch is awesome. They do what they can and keep working along.

Elder Adams is super cool! We have had lots of fun together so far! We have a lot in common, and like to have fun, so it is really great! He is from Modesto California and came out in July of '16.  He has a super strong desire to work and bring people to Christ. We get along pretty good, and so this transfer should be great!

Well, as I was in the temple today, I had a really strong desire to read the account of Jesus Christ Atonement for us as recorded in the Gospel of John. As I read, I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for what Christ did for us. Christ suffered, He bled, He cried, He died for us. But with this suffering, he overcame death and lived again, thereby paving the path for us to take. I know my Savior lives. He loves us too. I know this because the Holy Spirit has told me it is true.

I love you! You're in my prayers!
Elder Snyder




Love that cheesy grin!


Thank you all for your love and support of Bracken. Your letters, e-mails and packages keep him going. I am so happy he made it to his halfway mark. We sent him a package full of re-stock supplies like deodorant, shampoo, soap, toothpaste/brushes and of course treats! He loved it! This time next year he will be home!! That makes this momma's heart happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment