Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Transferred to Oakridge

Hey Mom,
Yes I'm getting transferred. I was hoping President would keep me here for 6 more weeks, but it doesn't seem like it will be.
I am still a district leader! I will be a DL over in Oakridge (which is part of the Springfield Stake in Eugene, so I'm going back up north!) I will be in a branch. Oakridge is super tiny, but the boundaries cover a lot of ground. It'll be fun! My new companion will be Elder Adams!

I had a full week, it was also pretty rough and I'm glad it's over. We got set up with a lesson we had. The person invited some of his friends over to contend with us. We weren't having it so halfway through their "preaching" to us (really, just telling us why we don't believe in Jesus and are going to hell) Elder Chiu and I stood up and walked away. It was the first time (and hopefully last) we had to just stand up and walk out of a house. I don't get why people don't just say we're not interested and leave it at that? Anyway, I know I'm speaking from my point of view.

Anyway, I don't have much time but I do want to share my testimony of Jesus Christ. I know He lives. He is the Only Begotten Son, who suffered, bled, and died for us. But with His death came His Resurrection, which paved the way for us to break the bonds of death and sin, so that one day, we can be resurrected and return and live with God again. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that is because I've read it, and prayed to know if it is true. 

I love you! You're in my prayers!
Elder Snyder

(Yes, I'll probably go to the mission office today and see if the package is there. Thanks mom! I can't wait to get it!)

Us at the Haacks (Elder Palomaque is leaving too, so he needed a picture. 

All the Redwood Elders

The Hasting family and me (they are a part-member family that we worked a lot with. Mark (the grandpa) was baptized last August or September, and is a stellar member. They are all just so amazing!


Elder Chiu was taking pictures of me! Hahahaha 😂

Another quick e-mail late last night to us:
Hey Mom, Dad, and Elise!
I just want to send you a quick email telling you that I got here to
Oakridge safely! It was a long long long drive, but alas, we're here. (I looked it up and it was a 3 hour drive for him from Grants Pass)
My comp Elder Adams is super cool. We'll do great together. I did want
to tell dad, I can't wait to watch those videos!
Thanks for all you do for me! I'll attach a picture of us so you can
see my new companion!
Love you!!
Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment