Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Hi mom! How are you doing today?
I was so sad to hear about Grandpa, it really made me sad to hear. President called me and told me. Another Elder in the mission lost his Grandma the same day, so the whole mission went on a conference call and President Russell asked a missionary to say a prayer for me and our family as well as the other Elders family. It really was a beautiful prayer, and it was nice to feel the love and faith of the mission. It's probably the hardest thing on my mission. I really want to be there for you all and for Grandma, but I know God can help ya'll better than I could.

This week has been pretty crazy. I swear that we spent no time here in Oakridge. We had to drive into town so many times! We drove in for MLC (missionary leadership council) on Tuesday, which was a meeting where we learned what we were going to teach at ZTM (zone training meeting). On Friday we went to ZTM, which I had to teach two segments with the other District Leader. It went really well! We then did an exchange, where the elders in our district came up with Elder Adams and I. It was a wonderful exchange! We found two new investigators and it was amazing! On Sunday, we doubled our church attendance for sacrament meeting! We had two investigators come and a whole bunch of less active members!! We had over 40 people in attendance at church! It was a huge blessing!!

Then that leads us to Monday. We had zone conference in Eugene, so we left super early for that. We picked up some elders on the way and we made it on time, despite the awful traffic that is in Eugene. The conference was great!! We learned a lot!! After, we went to the mission office because they called and said that the package came in, so we went and picked it up! Thank you so so so so much!! That really does help! I'm so thankful that I have a wonderful family that helps me out! It is such a great great blessing.

So that is my week! I have been thinking a lot about the Plan of Salvation, and I am so blessed with the knowledge that death, though is a super hard trial, is a mandatory part of God's plan for us. And just like birth, death is but a step in our eternal journey. I bear my testimony with that of the great Apostle Paul, "22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." I know that since Christ broke the bands of death, that I'll see my Grandpa again. I say these things in Christ's name, amen.

Much love,
Elder Snyder 
Only picture I have this week.

Sometimes, you just need a tub of ice cream after a rather long day. Made my day worth it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment