Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Staying in Oakridge with a New Companion

Hey Mom!!!
I bet you were wondering about my bike. I decided to fix it. I spent
probably $100 on repairs, but I got new shifters, cable and housing, a
tune up, new brake pads, handle bar grips (to fit the new shifters)
and got my crank put on and it's working great!! Well, until I hit a
nail while going on a bike ride Saturday. I was kinda frustrated,
because I just fixed my bike, but new tubes are only like 5 or 6
dollars so that's good.

Well, transfers are here.... but I get to stay in Oakridge!!! Oakridge
is totally my favorite area so far. I feel like every area becomes my
favorite area!! Hahaha 😂 My new companion is named Elder Atkinson,
and he is from Utah. Everyone is telling me that he is super cool so
I'm super excited. I'm going to miss Elder Adams though. He was such a
great missionary and a true friend.

We had some great times here this week. We put Dan and Chuck on date
for the 24th of this month, so it'll be good. Thank you for the
prayers, I really appreciate it. We've been working with a couple
named Shauna and Troy. They are so wonderful, but Troy has cancer and
is really struggling, so if you could please pray for them as well.

We had fun on Saturday, we went on that bike ride for morning
exercise, and we found a man made waterfall that we took pictures
with. It was so cool!! I'll send some pictures that we took!! It was a
great time!!

This week I was thinking about the hymn "How Firm a Foundation"
specifically the third verse. It says:

 "Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand."

God is with us. I know that since the beginning of my time on the
mission, God was with me. He has strengthened me, and will continue to
do so.

Love you mom! Sorry, I don't have a ton of time. I might have enough
time to write and tell you I'm back in Oakridge later tonight

Much love,
Elder Snyder



Later last night: 
Hey mom! Just got back to Oakridge.
This is my companion, his name is Elder Atkinson. He is awesome and I can't wait to get this transfer started!!






No comments:

Post a Comment